Oklahoma Home Health & Hospice License Requirements

Home Health: License required

CHAP can conduct an initial home health site visit without a license; ODH will recognize accreditation for initial licensure.

  • CHAP only needs to submit documentation (to ODH) evidencing this accreditation under 3740.03(A)(1)(a)(ii). 


Licensure Applications and Forms

License Renewal

For license renewal, CHAP accreditation can stand in lieu of the state licensure survey (“63 Okl.St.Ann. § 1-1963 – “3. Issue or renew a license to establish or operate a home care agency if the Department determines that the agency meets the requirements of or is accredited or certified by one of the following accrediting or certifying organizations or programs. In addition, the accredited home care agency through this paragraph will not be subject to an inspection or examination by the Department unless necessary to investigate complaints under subsection B of this section a. Title XVIII or XIX of the federal Social Security Act, [FN1] b. the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations/Home Care Accreditation Services (JCAHO), or c. the Community Health Accreditation Program of the National League for Nursing (CHAP)”)

OK Department of Health address

Oklahoma State Department of Health

Medical Facilities Service

Attn: Home Services Division

123 Robert S. Kerr Ave., Ste 1702

Oklahoma City, OK 73102-6406

Contact Information:

(405) 426-8470